keltx

The Science of Trust: Emotional Attunement for Couples
John M. Gottman
Taken with You
Shannon Stacey
Until We Touch (Fool's Gold, #15)
Susan Mallery
In Bed With the Devil (Avon Romantic Treasure)
Lorraine Heath
The Wedding of the Century & Other Stories
Kristin James, Charlotte Featherstone, Mary Jo Putney
How to Dance with a Duke
Manda Collins
Whispers in the Dark (KGI, #4) - Maya Banks At first, I was kinda upset with this book because it took a paranormal turn out of the blue. The series started set in a realistic world with lots of action, well developed unique story lines, and strong females that changed with this installment (and the next) by adding a paranormal angle that felt inconsistent in the world the author created. Don't get me wrong, I love paranormal, but I think it should not be in this series.

I loved the characters and most of the telepathic conversations, but I kept waiting for that unique little moment that never came. I admit it's my flawed expectations and not the author's fault. She did a fabulous job writing an awesome family dynamic, keeping all the character voices distinct and consistent, and writing well paced exciting action scenes.

By the end, I had accepted the paranormal twist due to the detailed explanation of the situation. And, I admit I am curious to see how it plays out with the sister in the next book. I just hope this is an amusing side theme and doesn't turn into a Ghostwalker (Christine Feehan) type series.